Per our conversation at the end of class today, I want you to have a conversation with someone (parent, sibling, relative, friend, or peer). After you have your conversation, write a reaction to your conversation.
I discussed the war in Afghanistan with my mom. I asked her what was her position about the conflict. Her position about the situation was against continuing the war. Her arguments were very similar to the ones we discussed in class. One of her arguments was that this war has been going on for too long and Osama bin Laden has not been captured yet. She believes that this war is making the government spend too much money making our economy suffer more. The money that has been spent has not gotten us very far, she believes.
However, I tried to explain to her the what others think about the conflict. I shared my opinion with her that the war could also benefit the people living in Afghanistan. US troop presence is helping them establish a less unstable government. Another benefits include the training of officers and the establishment of schools. One interesting thing about this conversation was that my mom was also confused about why we got engaged in the war for so much time. She wanted to know why are we still there?
No comments:
Post a Comment